Ladies in their third trimester, do you have terrible dreams?

such as like close ones dying, or your spouse cheating on you or leaving you?
i don't understand why i have these dreams, is it normal?

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 2:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• In the rare instances I slept I did have bad dreams. No clue why though.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have nightmares sometimes. Mostly because I fall asleep with the tv on and then comes on some show about murders or ghosts and then my mind conjures up some awful dreams.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I didn't have terrible dreams, they were just odd. I was always thinking WTH? when I woke up. I had a dream that my DH wasn't the daddy of my ds, and I knew there was no possible way for that to be true.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yes, i had awful dreams mostly surrounding the child i was carrying. i would dream about what she looked like, which isnt so bad, but then it would turn terrifying and i would see her drowning or other horrible things id rather not describe. i have no idea why - i never imagined anything like that while i was awake. i do know vivid dreams/nightmares can stem from hormones though and thats probably why pregnant women sometimes have crazy dreams. it is normal, unfortunately! and will probably stop after you have the baby.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Totally normal. Pregnancy dreams are tainted with the worries and joys of pregnancy and the changing roles of our lives. Hormones don't always help either! I'm not pregnant now but I remember having those pregnancy dreams. I had one where I was having a sono and the tech said "see these 3 white lines right here, that means it's a girl". Sure enough, 3 days later I had a sono and the tech said the exact same words! I was shocked.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yeah i get bad dreams every once in a while i wake up and they have me stunned for a while
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Mine were always terrible dreams of something happening to my children or my spouse. I have also had several recently of me dying and leaving them behind. What works best for me is to try to figure out the feeling behind the dream, what it is my subconscious is worried about. That usually helps me at least get back to sleep.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011