Why do some women like to have a baby literally every year?

I am puzzled at why a woman would want to keep getting pregnant over and over again.

I love children but two is enough for me. I want to be able to enjoy each moment with them and I don't feel you can truely do that if you have too many.

I know someone who has a toddler and a 7mth old and is pregnant again! She doesn't work and the husband probably makes 21,000 a yr if even.

Does anyone know why some women pop out babies one after the other?
I would really like to understand why they do what they do.
Thanks

1911

Asked by 1911 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am one of those women who would like to "pop babies out one after the other." I am 5 years apart from one of my sisters and 11 from another. Growing up was a little difficult because we were always at different points in our lives. My husband and his sister are 2 years apart and are closer than ever. I would love to have my children close in age. The reason I preciously listed is not my main reasoning behind my decision, but I thought I would give you a different perspective.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Well as a mother with 6 kids that my oldest two are a year apart at 9 and 10. Then I have a 4 year old, 2 1/2, and 11 month old. My Step daughter is also 9. I give my kids equal if not too much attention. I work on the weekends and my husband works Mon-Fri.
    It is our family, they are happy, taken care of, etc. It's frankly a personal choice...Period. Glad you are happy in your family. So are we, and i'm sure others with large families as well. There is no answer to give you, but its a personal choice that works for some and not others.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't know. I couldn't do it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't know either.. I have one and think THAT is enough lol!!~ to each their own of course but it has never made sense to me, especially the ones who cannot financially afford it - we think sometimes about having another and I cry thinking about sharing my time with just one more..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• because it is their uterus and they can do whatever they want with it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I didn't realize it was anybody else's business!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Lets start the question over, ok?

How about this: I have two kids and am satisfied, but I find it interesting that some people have more than that. I am so interested in their reasons to have many children. What I really want to understand is how you all manage with finances, and love to go around when you have kids so close in age?
    Maybe with this question there wouldn't be such negative responses except from the usual.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• look at the religous people with 8 minimum, crazy or the duggers... i dont get it i have twin boys and am satisfied maybe i'll have another but not anyday soon
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 2:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• that is insane to me... i couldn't do it... my husband and i waited a 2 1/2 years before having our next one and our son will be turning 3 but for us 2 is enough we don't want a football team or to start our own camp...... but some ppl want a crazy big family.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Maybe they want their children to be really close in age, or they don't believe in birth control, it is really hard to say. I know a couple who have 14 kids, 12 of which are still living at home. They don't believe in birth control, but they have the most well behaved children I have ever met. Why do anybody do anything they do? People blow up other innocent people, why do they do that? I don't know.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011