Have you upgraded your wedding ring?

I have a small diamond and want to upgrade, have you regretted doing yours?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• No. I have the same ring as when he proposed. I know that people do upgrade at times, but so far, I don't have any desire to change it. I like it the way it is. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I haven't. DH wants too, but I like the one he picked out for me.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I hadnt been been able to ware my ring for yrs and it was a set and when they welded it together they only did a little, long story short it would cost less to get a new ring. I lost a baby about 6 yrs ago and ever since then I wanted to get a mothers ring to remember him by so for christmas this yr my husband suprised me with a mothers ring with a diamond in the middle so it looks like a wedding ring too. I love it!
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 2:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It would really hurt my Hubby's feelings if I were to ask for a bigger one... He put so much thought and Love into this one that it wouldn't even feel right if he were to suggest it. I'm a very sentimental person so changing my ring would just feel wrong....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I actually down graded so to speak. I love the diamond my dh bought me but it really got in the way when we're outside on the farm. Also scratched the kids with it during bath times, etc. Now it sits in a safe and I wear just my wedding band.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes. When my husband of 20 years asked me to marry him he was a restaurant manager and the ring reflected that. (1/3 carat). For our 10th anniversary he gave me stunning ring similar to Princess Di's only an Emerald instead of a Sapphire. (not as big and valuable of course) For our 15th he had my original diamond set into a necklace. It's so pretty. I guess that's it though because I got nothing for our 20th :D
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• No way. If you want a new ring just buy it, but do not for one minute think it will replace your old wedding ring. If necessary do not wear a wedding ring. You will still be married to the man you love. If you keep upgrading, one day your husband and children will upgrade you. The old ring is a reminder of where you were when you married, socially, financially, physically. That reminder is worth heaps.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• No. My original works just fine.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 12:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nope, and I don't plan on it either. My husband and I picked it out together, so it's special to me.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no and i don't plan on it... i have a beautiful ring just need to resize now.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011