I am afraid of what could happen this pregnancy, anyone know the placental abruption stats?

When I had my oldest I had placenta previa but it was cleared by 30 weeks. Same thing with my second child. When I had my third I never had placenta previa and I was so excited! Around 37 weeks pregnant I began to bleed which scared me because I was bleeding in the begining too. When I called the doctors office the NP told me to stop worrying because I had been checked pretty often and it was causing the bleeding. When they induced me at 38 weeks 6 days I had been bleeding all night. I clotted during labor and they instantly did an ultrasound. However because I did not have placenta previa they let it go. My son was born 5 hours later and my doctor discovered that I had placental abruption. I also had a fever and so did my baby. He was my biggest baby and he was NICU at 8 pounds because of a blood infection. Just 5 months later I discoverd I was pregnant again. Now I am really afraid of what is going to happen this time. Especially because I am under more stress this time.

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy