nap time

my daughter is 22 months, and about 2 weeks ago she decided she dosent want to take naps anymore... I spent about a hour everyday puting her back in bed a nap time... dose anyone elase have this problem? If so what did you do to get them to take naps... I would let her just stay up but durning nap time is when i get stuff done like house work, taking a shower, ect...

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 3 and he says he doesnt want to take naps anymore either, but he has to! Or else he will be so cranky!! I started letting him listen to music before he went to sleep, he get to listen to it for 10 minutes. And by the time i go into his room to turn it off, he is already out!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• just keep sticking to it, it may be a few weeks of crazy times but they will get back into napping again both my kids did this on multiple occasions but always got back into the routine. It may be a sign though of growing out of current routine and needing a new one. For example if you always sang a song then said good night explain that you will now sing a song and then read her a book after the book is done that means quite time.
    Robinsbeebees

Answer by Robinsbeebees at 1:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008