What resources have you found helpful with potty training?

When my son was little I bought him the Once Upon A Potty for Boys book and video...it was very helpful..he enjoyed it a lot and really..if I remember correctly Potty Training was a breeze with him(then again..he's almost 11 years old now..my memory could be tainted,lol)
I'm about to begin really working on the potty training with our daughter and I was wondering if there were any new good resources out there that any of you moms found helpful for you and your children? A book, a guide,a video? Potty Charts?Potty Dolls(lol)
What seemed to work for you and if you used a parent guide...which one was it and how helpful was it, really?
Thanks for your input!!! :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let my husband read the potty boot camp book and while it had good ideas on how to approach things he took it a little too to heart and made things worse by forcing a child who wasn't ready. There is a little monkey called the Potty Monkey that I bought on Amazon.com and the book that went with it was written by a urologist and I think it was the most informative book and best approach that I had read. The potty monkey was fun and made a few days of potty fun and has a timer so you know when to remind them to go. As far as kids stuff we did the whole wrapping the potty up like a present and having a big kid learning the potty party which made the interest level to start go up. I really like the Bear in the BIg Blue House video about potty training. Of course I was the nutty Mom who probably bought everything available on the market that was a resource and lots of parents do just fine on gut instinct and maybe a few stickers
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no pullups, a rediculous pee-pee potty song, calling ANYONE who will get excited my son went poop or pee (YEP I have some GREAT friends!) and an amazing amoutn of dum dum suckers! GL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011