Do You Do Anything Special To Get Your Baby To Sleep Through The Night??

RNC2005

Asked by RNC2005 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ~*Smiles*~... keep them awake more during the day so they are tuckered out to sleep through the night! That is what I did
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I co-slept. He didn't sleep all night long but I never had to get up.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Rice cereal wakes them. Raises blood sugar and wakes them right up. I'd dump the cereal stat, and have dad handle the wakeups. Three months is way too early to expect him not to wake, sorry.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I used to "dream feed" him right before I went to bed. Worked like a charm :)
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• she started doing it by herself at 1 month. i was lying in bed crying cause i wanted to sleep but i knew she'd be waking up in an hour cause she'd been waking up ever 3 hours on the dot. well i fell asleep anyway and woke up 5 hours later, she had slept for 7 hours and it just went up from there.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I hate to tell you this but at three months most babies don't sleep thru the night. I would go back to the co-sleeper and feed him when he wakes so you can get rest. Then try to nap when he does during the day to fight the exhaustion, and get any help you can to have a break. I'm sorry you're so tired, Mama, but I think pushing sleeping thru the night at three months is just too soon. Maybe ask hubby to do a nighttime feeding to give you a longer chunk of solid sleep? Even if he works and you stay home, you need his help with an infant and another baby on the way because that's a lot for one person. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I was co sleeping with a co sleeper, but we just put him in his crib...he's only 3 months old. I'm trying not to push the issue but I'm also 8wks pregnant and am starting to feel the overwhelming feeling of exhaustion!!! I try putting rice cereal in his botte but he wakes 2-3 hours later for more food. He's not nibbling he is eating! Sucking the whole 6oz's down!!
    RNC2005

Comment by RNC2005 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Swaddling always helped. I also put a small blankie in their crib with them that I wore under my shirt during the day so they had my scent with them, and then we had/have a "heartbeat" bear that is motion/sound activated and always helped them go to sleep. My first we played a soft classical music CD for him to go to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 7:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• He will get there. It takes time. The cereal will not help. Can your SO get up for one of the night feedings so you can get a bigger chunk of sleep? GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Babies are supposed to be up every couple hours. It keeps them from dying from SIDS and it is healthy for their systems to eat on that schedule. Whatever baby wants, baby should get. Don't try to manipulate her own rhythms.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 1:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2011