Anyone here a Medical Transcriptionist?

I'm gearing up for my baby (due May 15th) as well as enrolling into a Medical Transcription certificate program for the Fall, all while finishing the tail end of my Bachelors degree. Are there any MT's out there? How do you like it? What's the best advice to give to a future MT?

Positive answers, please!

bkrichar

Asked by bkrichar at 3:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have looked into this myself, but ended up deciding against it for various reasons. I will give you a BUMP.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• IMO, I would go for something else. I think MT are about extinct. It's mostly done by computers now.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe it's extinct or done all on computers now. The work I do now, is for physicians and patient records, and specimen testing and even though we're keying all this information into computers, the computers aren't coding the specimen, tube types, etc. That's our job. It's probably more so sparse in the geographic area in which you reside. Thanks, though!
    bkrichar

Comment by bkrichar (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011