You're experience with an acid reflux baby?

My LO is 7 months old and still struggling with severe acid reflux. He's now been on Nexium for about a month now, which i'm not happy about but after weighing the pros and cons I thought it was best. It has improved him tremedously however he still does not eat or sleep well. I was just curious what others have experienced with their relux baby. How long did it last? What were the syptoms? What tricks worked?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my babies digestive enzymes, and took them myself too, instead of pharmaceuticals. It helped a lot. I also kept food diaries so I could figure out if certain foods that I ate (while breastfeeding) exacerbated the problem.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my first baby had severe acid reflux to the point he had to have surgery when he was only 3 months old but after that he was sleeping all night and was happy
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my son sleeps fine, but he threw up almost half of what he ate when he was a baby. he would do it bad for a whileand by the time the doc appointment came around, he had stopped for a few days so we would forget to mention it.... then it would flare up again the next day. he is now 3 years old, supposed to be on meds for it but we are having insurance issues, he still spits up and the worst part is it smells like bad milk!!!! and with ds, he could have anything to eat or drink, sitting down, running around, if his reflux wants to act up, he spits up.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I waited for that 6 month mark in hope his reflux would disappear..but it didnt :( hes now 8 months and still dealing with it. He eats fine and sleeps okay at night(wakes up about 3 times to nurse) but cat naps during the day..We have him on prevacid which reduces the acid tremendously and puts him in comfort which I didnt like either but the Dr explained what could happen so there was no question but to start it..since starting on solids that has helped alot too..there are several foods that flare up reflux..I got alot of info here: www.infantrefluxdisease.com/infant_acid_reflux/..your not alone..they will grow out of it soon :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2011