Is being healthy, through nutrition and activity, important to you and your family?

If it is, in what ways? How are you integrating this into your family's lifestyle?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 3:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• Absolutely. We all stay active, eat healthy and my own little insurance plan is giving my family Juice Plus every day.
    None of us have been sick in over a year.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... we read labels to the foods we buy, we take vitamins, and remain active with our children!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yup, it sure is. We eat well, go for bike rides, walk our dogs in the afternoon, we walk whenever the store (or wherever we need to go) is close by, we play outside with our child instead of watching him play by himself...there's many things you can do :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 3:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You bet, even my 91 year old mom joins in the action, I am a vegetarian and although I do make sometimes two meals because my son is a meat eater, they at least try and sometimes like my food. Mom just had hip replacement surgery it has been 3 weeks and she is already on the cane walking my long driveway! I got to the gym everyday, for weight lifting, hubby jogs everyday, my son does the px thingy exercise and my other two daughters have an exercise regime of their own.

Answer by older at 3:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• absolutely. we work out every day and there is no junk at all in my place. we'll indulge one in a blue moon and thats it
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I got a family of geeks. I feed them well because they are lazy. The 3yo and I go for a hikes a few times a month, plus all the activity that a little boy requires. The hubby and teenager though, lazy.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yup. whole grains as often as possible, lots of greens at meals, are active as a family and individuals, fruit and veggies as snacks intead of sweets as often as possible and dessert doesn't happen every night. Brush, floss and rinse 2x's a day. and also are aware of everyone's emotional health, how they are feeling is important.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011