How is the economy downfall personally affecting you?

Just want to know who is going through extra hard times, or if it's not affecting you at all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• Not affecting us yet, but we are preparing.
    Anonymous

• My husband lost his job on Oct. 15th and is still out of work. We will make it until New Years Day! After that we have no idea what we will do! We won't be able to pay the rent for January unless someone in my house finds a job soon. And Christmas is not gonna happen at our house this year!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• That must be real rough, amydh.. I wish your family the best of luck.
    Anonymous

• My husband loat his job yesterday....he's an account executive with an engineering degree and an MBA.....we didn't see this coming....we were blindsided.....we have three children and I also work full time. We have a decent amount in our savings but that can't be lived on forever. Am scared and uncertain of what our future holds....
    KateD.

Answer by KateD. at 3:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It's affected me, in only a good way. I have extra money in my budget now that gas is cheap! More money for debt payoff!
    Anonymous

• Not affecting us at all but we're prepared if something goes awry.
    Anonymous

• So far so good. But we always keep money in savings in case something happens. We can always get a job at mcdonalds or something until we can get a better job. Better some support than nothing, right?
    Anonymous

• It hasn't affected us yet and hopefully it won't.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It's affected us to to point that we may lose our car if dh cannot find a job soon. I've applied for food stamps but denied cuz he doesn't work at least 30 hrs a week. They didn't care that he's LOOKING FOR FULL TIME WORK but cannot find anything. We will be going to the Salvation Army tomorrow to get a food box.
    nowaygourmet

Answer by nowaygourmet at 8:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008