Pageants for little girls and babies...what are your thoughts?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 3:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ugh...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Pageants make me glad I had a boy. I think its disgusting the clothes and makeup they put on those kids. Puts too much emphasis on body image and perfection.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It is disgusting. Nothing like making an innocent child seem older than they are and a target for pedophiles. These parents need to stop living through their kids and let them be kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• About equal to child porn to me.

I think it's a disgusting practice.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I don't like pageants at any age, but for little girls, it's the worst.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think it is utterly ridiculous.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• if the child wants to do it then fine...but it is not right when the parents are trying to live vicariously through their kids. i think it is sick when the little girls are prancing around in burlesque outfits it is creepy, and is also comfort food for perverts.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I did miss teen utah when I was 12 and my cousin and aunt did queening. As long as they keep them age appropriate and it really is your child's wish to do them I don't see a problem.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I did them when I was a younger. I look back and love the pictures. My mother told me when I was 7 I told her I didn't want to do them any longer and she never put me in one again.
    jojobeans429

Answer by jojobeans429 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If my daughter wanted to do it, i would let her and support her 100%. but as soon as she didn't enjoy it anymore, that would be it.
    Its cute and girlie and teaches self esteem. I know some people say "it teaches them that being pretty is more important than anything else". And although, that may be, i am still her mom, and I teach her what is important.
    It's not a bad thing to teach her to look her best. It may be upsetting, but the majority of the world DOES care about what people look Like. And to teach her to stand up straight, own her flaws, And rock her looks isn't going to hurt her, just as long as AT HOME we teach her that looks are not THE most important thing in life. Being smart, sweet, caring, loving, honest, and trustworthy are also VERY important. And being beautiful on the outside means nothing if there isn't something beautiful inside too.but that's just how I see them.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011