If you are a Christian, what are your beliefs about keeping the Sabbath?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 3:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unfortunately in our society unless you are a part of the elite in society it dooms us all to work on the Sabbath!!! I wonder if Jesus thought the tables would turn when he stated the rich will have a hard time getting into heaven... hahaha

I give thanks to God daily, I pray on more than just Sunday (Sat for those that are Jewish, and yes Jesus was a Jew), I teach my kids, and unfortunately a day of not working isn't the reality to the country we were all born to! so instead we take time for God daily!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think we need to make time to fellowship with one another. However, I know that work can sometimes come in the way of regular service times. Some churches offer Saturday and Wednesday night services and churches like ours have small groups you can join so you can learn about what the pastor is preaching and discuss it. I think it you can't avoid it then that's life. However, we do have rights to protect us from having to work on our Sabbath (be it Saturday or Sunday). I agree with the first poster that we should be spending time with our Lord and God daily. We aren't called to be "Sunday Christians." We should be in His word daily, praying daily, praising, thanking, and worshipping daily. It's not about dedicating a day. It's about dedicating your life and culitvating relationship with Him.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 4:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I personally feel its the heart of the commandment that matters, taking time, whenever that may be (whether or not its Sunday), to reflect on God and His holiness, etc. I personally feel that Jesus would tell us its not about the legality of the issue, but the heart of it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011