Do you believe that chemicals in household and personal products are unsafe for you and your family?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 3:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• Yes -- There are hand-soaps for children -- that warn you to "keep out of reach of children."
    How does that make sense? If you notice, a lot of hair care products (shampoo and cond) also say keep away from children.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think some are - I also think that some "natural" cleaners can be harmful as well. Most houeshold chemicals on the market today can be safely used in moderation; the problem is that people over use them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• They say keep them away because they have to cover their ass if a kid drinks it. I think if you use the product as intended, its fine.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think so, but if they are used in the quantities listed and for their intended use, I think it should be fine. My mom scrubbed the house with Pine sol all the time and I don't have any ill effects.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011