When did your little girls have to start wearing a training bra?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 3:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My dd is 9 and wears the sports bra type thing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• this is a serious question. what is a training bra? i've heard that term before but never understood it. a bra is there to support boobs. is it like a practice bra for before they get boobs?
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• She started wearing a sports bra thing around the end of 4th grade because it was necessary. She was 9.5. She is 11 and I just took her for "good" bras. She is close to a B cup. Between this and the hormones I am really grateful that the other 2 are boys.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Well, yes. And every little girl starts to develop a little bit, where their "buttons" are noticeable underneath their clothing and either a cami or a "practice bra" will help to keep them...um...discreet...
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My girls are still toddlers but I was 10 when my mom bought my first one.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ah i see. so it's to keep the nips hidden. well in that case i'd say all girls develop at different ages. i was in a 30 c when i was 12, a toothpick with boobs if you will. when you see the rose buds it's time to cover them up. rose buds is a cosby show term
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• well my oldest wore a "training" bra around 7 but it was just so she could feel like a big girl she didn't wear it everyday she started needing a A size bra at 11.. It depends on the girl I think its easier to let her get one young so she can get used to it or she may refuse to wear it when she does need it..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My older girls are 10 1/2 and 8 and neither need them yet but they have some. We bought them for the oldest when she was 9 more as a joke. She rarely wears them but the 8yo likes them. Based on their body types I think the 8yo will develop long before the 10yo. I never wore a training bra. I just flat out refused even though I started developing at 9 and by 12 I was stealing bras from my mom and was a perfect C cup. Lukckily none of my girls are following in my footsteps.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• She started wearing a training bra when she was 10 because she felt uncomfortable because the nipples had started to show. At 10 1/2, she needed a bra.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My daughter started to "pop" by about 6th grade. I got her a couple of training bras from Walmart. Now that she's in 9th grade she's a C cup.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011