Is Lasik more painful or scary than a root canal?

3Beautiful_Bugs

Asked by 3Beautiful_Bugs at 3:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• I would say less one both counts.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i would say no. never had a root canal but i've had lasik. they numb your eyes so you can't feel it. the machine they use to hold your eyes open is a bit uncomfortable. they weren't really sore after. a little irritated but it didn't last long. i think a root canal would hurt a lot more
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• No. It is not painful or scary. More like a dental exam, just uncomfortable.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I know sooo many people that have had Lasik done only one has said that it was painful in any way (and he had a tough prescription and a not-so-great doctor.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• A root canal is more painful.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• LASIK is not painful, but yes it is scary. The ick factor is off the charts if you really think about what is happening to your eye. I was terrified when I got it done. Five days after mine, I watched my husband get his done. I was watching a monitor where you could see a basketball sized live picture of his eye, so I got to see everything they did. It was so creepy! I'm glad I had mine done before I had to watch it. Not to mention, it's the eye and you always have that worry in the back of your mind that something could go wrong. There was no pain though, and I'm so glad I had it done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm thinking of getting it done.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm getting it done in 2 weeks. Im a little nervous.
    3Beautiful_Bugs

Comment by 3Beautiful_Bugs (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I can understand. I was so scared, but it's one of the best things I've done! I wrote a journal about my experience, if you'd like to know what to expect. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1474600/Today_s_theme_vision_and_LASIK

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2011