What do you think? (Hubby's birthday presents)

We both want Kindles, but I have no idea how much HE wants one, so I'm going to order one for him. I'm about 99.9% certain that he'll love it (he's really techy and has tons of ebooks already), but if he doesn't, I'll take it lol. So, my backup gift is going to be his favorite kind of alcohol (one or two bottles). He doesn't drink very much at all (he had a bottle of scotch for over a year and one of our friends drank 80% of it at least), but he loves two kinds of sort of pricey things, so I'm thinking of getting him at least one of those two.

What do you think? I know he'll like the alcohol, and I'm pretty sure he'll like the Kindle as well, but I'm wondering if this is dumb lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Not dumb at all. Just remember that if he does like it, it's his. LOL
    KeithsGirl721

Answer by KeithsGirl721 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Sounds perfect - nothing better than the things he really likes, you know? I LOVE my Kindle, I bet he's going to be a happy guy!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• LOL yeah if he likes it, I'll get my own eventually. I wouldn't even try to take it if he does like it because I still like my hard copy books too much.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I hope so lol. This is the most all out I've gone for his birthday because I'll have some extra money.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• The Kindle sounds good, but not the alcohol. It should be for him, not his friend. Does he cook? What about a fancy cooking lesson? Or a skydive? Or a fancy fishing trip with a guide? Or a caving tour? Give some sort of tour or experience. Or a massage at a clinic. Or a trip to see his parents. If money is short, then what about an orchid growing in a nice pot. He will see it every day and learn how to maintain it.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• that is awesome
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Ugh he told me last night to not get him a Kindle (I was talking about his birthday and listed off like 50 things that he's talked about lately, teasing him about what I was going to get him), so I guess I'll just order that for me lol. I swear he is the hardest damn person to shop for (he knows that and admits it). I have no idea what I'm going to get him now.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2011