What's a Wicca Stone?

I was on eBay looking for naturally shaped heart shaped rocks. I was going to put some in a jar or bowl in my sun room. A seller has a stone listed as a Wicca stone, I've never heard of this.   What is a Wicca stone?  Is it the shape or the type of stone that makes it special for Wicca?

ebay

RyansMom001

Asked by RyansMom001 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• OK - I went to EBay. Wiccans use different stones for different things. The first ones I saw had a natural hole through them. They are supposed to bring good luck. Other stones affect your Chakras (Reiki or esoteric healing) or help with certain spells. Like Tiger Eye is supposed to keep an eye out for trouble. Amythest is calming, healing of the emotions, emerald or opal helps with psychic abilities. They are not necessarily Wiccan stones, someone just named them that. A clear crystal in the kitchen helps you make dinner better or "charges" everything with good energy.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• In a word, it's a scam to get teenagers and "newbies" to spend money on a stone they could have found out back...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Sounds like someone had a good idea for a sales gimmick!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1697017/malachite_the_magical_wicca_stone.html

This is the closest answer I found. It's called Malachite, and it's a green mineral. I'm by no means an expert, but if you follow the link, you might learn a bit more about it.
    KeithsGirl721

Answer by KeithsGirl721 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm Wicca and have never heard of it. What did it look like?
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would think that a Wicca Stone is any stone that can be used in the Wicca faith (or any Pagan faith). Which, of course, is just about every kind of stone there is. I would think that the person who has it listed is NOT Wicca.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011