Everything changes when you get married....

They say everything changes when you get married....what were some things that changed in your marriage...
good and bad ones...

Dannee

Asked by Dannee at 2:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• The only things that changed was my name and the fact that we had a piece of paper and a wonderful day to look back on...however, somehow everything got better! I don't know if it's the extra feeling of security or what, but being married is SO much better! We'd known each other forever, lived together for years, had plenty of sex, but somehow things still found a way to be better once we were Mr. and Mrs.!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Good ones, I got myself a wonderful man to be with for the rest of my life. Bad one, I hate the area we live in, but I'm willing to happily follow hubbie where ever we have to go.
    Anonymous

• good a stable relationship and great father

bad stinky gas 'man burps lol it works though

Anonymous

• For us they changed because we did not live together before the wedding. The first 6 months was quite a challenge of having really great sex VS learning to live with each others quirks. I drove him crazy because my spices have to be in alphbetical order and stuff in the pantry has to be label fwd...and b4 anyone goes off yes I have OCD and yes I'm working on it, He drove me crazy with stuff like..whiskers in the sink, leaving the cap off toothpaste, or squeezing the tube in the middle. Drinking out of the milk jug, and wiping not clean enough hands on fresh towels...Stupid stuff really. The first time he farted I thought I was going to gag....things just getmore "real' than dating.
    Anonymous

• For some reason when the ring is placed on the finger, the affection isn't given as freely, the sex tapers off for most, constant arguements over money or lack of, explaining of where it went, why etc... men and women both let their guards down and don't want to keep the house as clean or fix themselves up for each other. A lot of things change, but the bonus is... you have someone there when you need help, someone that's there every day whether it be physically, emotionally or financially to wade thru all of life's problems. I'm happy I'm married, but I do wish he knew how to pick up his dirty laundry and dishes from time to time lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We had sex.
    Anonymous

• We have grown much closer...we tend to give a lot more thought towards the other persons needs...we talk all the time to eachother and everyone about what a blessing our marriage has been. Nothing bad that I can speak of yet. The farts and the man burps as mentioned above where there long before the ring..*laughs*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• good: sense of security that i wont be spending the night alone
    bad: he feels that since we are married, he doesnt need to tell/show me i am special to him because well...we are married
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 4:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I went from being a single woman always looking for a quick way out to someone who learned to trust another human being enough to know that you don't always have to be on edge waiting for the other shoe to drop. I gained comfort with marriage. Maybe not right away but in time. You learn patience and acceptance because they will always do things that drive you insane but if you meant what you said when you gave your vows you'll know that you love him anyway and through the years he'll develop new habits that drive you crazy and you'll still love him anyway.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2008