Red Meat!

I can barely get my daughter to eat it, only way so far is tomake "dip" like a taco salad, any suggestions.......

wisdomfrmsuffer

Asked by wisdomfrmsuffer at 3:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would just keep offering it to her, different types, cooked different ways. She may come around and start eating it on her own someday. Does she eat chicken, fish, pork, eggs? I wouldn't worry too much, she can get protein from other foods.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• is it really that big of a deal? red meat isn't important in your diet. chicken, turkey, and fish are much better ways to get protein. i mean if she doesn't like it you can't force her. i'll admit i like a nice rare steak, but not everyone does. and red meat is something your body really doesn't need
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• no on the fish she lubs chicken and not really eggs either but i try to give her vitamins to give her what she is missing she lubs veg and fruit and chicken
    wisdomfrmsuffer

Comment by wisdomfrmsuffer (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• thats good that she likes chicken. nuts are also a great source of protein so if you can get her to eat nuts.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• catfish looks, feels, and tastes like chicken so you might be able to get her to eat that if you tell her it's chicken
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• She doesn't like hamburgers or meatloaf? How about a meat sauce for spaghetti?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• There are tons of other sources of iron and protein. Keep offering it of course but also offer things like dark green veggies for iron and beans and nuts for protein.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My DS won't eat red meat. I don't worry about it. I make sure he gets protein and iron from other sources. All of my kids went though a phase where they didn't like certain meats, I swear they do it just because they can!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• no hamburgers or meat loaf she wont even touch spagetti im like what child dosent like spaggetti!? but thanks for the coments i will try some more but not worry too much
    wisdomfrmsuffer

Comment by wisdomfrmsuffer (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If you're that worried about it, but smaller amounts in things - like in pasta sauce, make it mostly veggies & sauce, with only a little bit of meat so that maybe she won't notice.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011