Who would be held liable and why? Government, Pharmaceutical Companies, Doctors, or Parents

There is theory which says that the ingredients in vaccines might affect your child's neurological system. The same theory says that vaccines could be the cause of Autism. If it was concluded that vaccines indeed cause Autism...who is there to blame for this negligence?

This is just a hypothetical question we all know that vaccines don't cause autism so this is not a forum to proof differently but your take on the person or entities responsible in case of this supposed case.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Legally, as far as I know, you couldn't hold anyone liable. You couldn't sue the Gov. As far as I know, the Pharma companies are protected against such law suits and since I don't vax my kids, I have only the word of those who do that the parent signs a form allowing the vax. That form absolves the Dr. of responsibility if anything adverse should occur. IMO, however, the medical and pharma industries are responsible since they make and promote the use and make claims as to the safety of it for EVERYONE. In those fields there is what is considered "acceptable loss" so if some people, child or adult, is harmed or even dies, as long as it's within a certain percentage, it's considered acceptable and the product is still considered to be safe for all. I'm not good at links but the following article is not only interesting, it's scary. WWW.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2011/01/deadly-medicine-201101
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Except it has been proven AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN that VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM. So what's the point of speculating?
    Anonymous

• Obama is blamed for everything on this forum , by some, so take the easy way out and blame hypothetical him ..
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I agree with anon, you are behind on your news!

Answer by older at 4:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It doesn't matter. You can't sue the government and the pharmaceutical companies have been given protection that they cannot be sued as well.
    Anonymous

• I agree with ANON....the vaccine-autism link has been PROVEN to be false SO MANY times, it's nit even worth discussing!! Why not pick another "hypothetical" topic?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Vaccines do not cause autism.

They aren't by any means safe, but they don't cause autism... are you still getting your news from focus on the family?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• So is this a question about who is at fault if someone gets sick or has a reaction after a vaccine or is it a question about Autism?
    Vaccines DO cause reactions of varying degrees and if the government didn't believe it they would not be working so hard at keeping track of people who do and don't get ill. They are at this moment updating the vaccines protocol and it should be out next year. While ou can't win a lawsuit against the government you can sue the pharmaceutical companies. Who usually gets the brunt of it when a drug is found to be sub par? I'm sure it would be the same. It could never be the governments fault even though they and a hundred or so other agencies, federal and not are involved in the process.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2011pres/02/20110216b.html
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011