Why do some people think it is ok to come up to a pregnant woman and touch her belly?

it is so rude and creepy.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i dont know, but the pregnant woman has the right to say "dont touch me" and she is even more able to get away with being rude (if people think its rude, which it isnt) because of her raging hormones :)

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• This bothered me the most about being pregnant! I asked a woman I work with if she would touch my belly if I were just fat and she thought I was the one being rude!

hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Because that's a little miracle growing in there. Innocent, pure, untouched.

That makes no sense. The fetus is "untouched" so people want to grope its mother? 

Anonymous

• only if she's a close friend or relative. and if she says ''No'', it still means "No''. its never ok to get that close to a stranger.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Lol Idk it's weird
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I dont' know but if you ever figure it out let me know. I like 3 feet of personal space. Especially with people I don't know.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Cause they're ignorant?
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 4:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I threw up on someone who did that.  Purely accidental.  I ask before I touch, common sense.  On the other hand, MOST people just want to share the joy.  I don't like it but sometimes I grin and take it in stride.  With all of the crazy people out there, it's silly to just walk up and touch people period.  What if that person were psycho and wanted to kidnap you and take your baby.  I watched that on Lifetime, lol.  However, I was at the grocery store and the woman standing behind me got seriously excited when she saw my belly.  I couldn't deny her, lol.  I found out that she and her husband had been trying to have a baby for over a decade with nothing but miscarriages wrecking havoc.  She received joy and hope by other women being pregnant.  Still, ask before you touch, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I didn't like that muh either. Look but don't touch.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Very rude!!! Although you think that's bad, wait until they touch your newborn.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2011