How can I get my 12 month old to use a sippy cup?

Hi! My daughter is 12 months old and I am trying to get her off of bottles. She started using sippy cups at 6 months for her water/juice. But then at about 10 months she stopped and has flat out refused since. Every time I try she throws her hands u pand shakes her head no. If it is time for milk she gets extremely upset. I have bought many different cups (Dr. Browns Nubby Nuk Playtex... just to name a few) with both hard and soft nipples and all sorts of shapes. I recently tried putting her bottle nipple on the mini gerber juice bottles and she refused this as well so it isnt just the nipple factor. Please help!!!

LsMOMMY2010

Asked by LsMOMMY2010 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• only put water in her bottle and other drinks in her sippy, allow her access to both and eventually she will want what is in the sippy.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't stress, just keep offering it to her, she'll get it eventually.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I agee no stress. I used the nuby.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My son would never take a sippy. He did fine with the Take-n-Toss straw cups, though. Maybe try something different?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My son would not take a sippy unless it was the only option. As soon as I put the bottles away (out of sight, out of mind), he picked up on the sippy cup after a day of not really being interested. Keep trying. Maybe make a big deal about being a big girl for using cups when she uses one. She'll get it. :) Don't worry. :)
    Annastacialynn

Answer by Annastacialynn at 5:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• did you try the ones with straws? just keep trying mom, if you think she needs more hydration give her sips from a big girl cup
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011