Anyone have Lupus?

I was just wondering if there was anybody on here that has Lupus that can give me some advice as to if the symptoms I have could possibly be Lupus. I just went to the doctor today and she ordered an ANA. I JUST got a call back and she told me I have anemia. I've had anemia for a while now ever since I was diagnosed with hypothyrodism. This was about 6 months ago. I've had joint pain for a long time, but just last week my whole body has been stiff and sore and it's hard for me to walk around and stand around for very long. My legs and knees are really bad right now, and I've also had a wierd looking rash on my nose and cheeks that's dry and flaky. No pain relievers are helping and neither is soaking in a hot bath. My hair is also falling out a lot too.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• I meant to say pain relievers are NOT helping
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i thought i might have that at one point in time. i might actually. dr's are so stupid though
    Anonymous

• To the other Anon, lupus is chronic. It's not something you "had at one point in time" and now no longer do. You get lupus and you have it for life. Yours was probably a misdiagnosis.

To the OP, how old are you? It may also be fibromyalgia. It's more commonly diagnosed in women older than 30, that's why I asked.
    Anonymous

• There are different types of Lupus. You'll have to check with your Dr to be sure. My friend has Lupus. A lot of your symptoms could be from the thyroid and some could be from Lupus. Bloodwork is the only way to tell.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• To Anon # 2, I'll be 27 in April
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Not to mention I have been really tired, some cases hard to wake myself up.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• May I suggest http://www.28below.org

It's an AWESOME website and foundation about Lupus Awareness.

Patients with lupus typically experience:

* Fever, fatigue, and weight loss
    * Arthritis lasting for several weeks in multiple joints
    * Butterfly-shaped rash over the cheeks or other rashes
    * Skin rash appearing in areas exposed to the sun
    * Sores in the mouth or nose lasting for more than a month
    * Loss of hair, sometimes in spots or around the hairline
    * Seizures, strokes, and mental disorders (depression)
    * Blood clots
    * Miscarriages
    * Blood or protein in the urine or tests that suggest poor kidney function
    * Low blood counts (anemia, low white blood cells, or low platelets)
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Well, I have anemia(just confirmed today, also had it a few months ago) have protien c deficiency and have had 3 pregnancy losses, depression, im losing hair, have a rash on my nose and cheeks, fatigue to the point where I sometimes have a hard time waking up, hypothyroidism, tingling in hands and feet, and muscle and joint pain.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have sjogrens syndrome, which is related to lupus - my rheumatologist is always checking me because often sjogrens will morph into lupus. I have a lot of same symptoms of lupus - including depression, anemia, extreme fatigue and poor kidney function. Hypothyroidism is an autoimmune disease, and she also told me once that autoimmune disease sometimes come in 2's - so if you have one, it's likely you may be diagnosed with another.

Answer by missanc at 10:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have lupus, had the diagnosis confirmed yesterday. Have you gotten the ANA results back yet? It sounds like you could have it. I have been having terrible joint pain and the fatigue and was originally diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis, but further tests showed lupus. I also have pleuritis or pleurisy, which is inflammation of the sac around my lungs which always felt like a backache to me. When I sleep it feels like my rib cage is being crushed and breathing is very painful. Definitely push to get it figured out. The sooner you have a diagnosis the sooner you can get it treated and feel better!
    CopperGirl

Answer by CopperGirl at 4:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2011