First C section, second natural???

My daughter was born through c section... I am now pregnant again and the drs stated that I could try tohave the baby vaginal as long as no complications... Does anyone know someone or had done this them self? HOw did it go>

rachaelcc

Asked by rachaelcc at 5:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my aunt did. she was just fine, i would trust your doctor
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• depends on how long ago you had the C section. The dr. wouldn't even propose it as an option if he didn't think you hadn't healed completely.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 5:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My daughter just did it, and it was a beautiful thing!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I know many women who did this. Some even had 2 or 3 c-sections and then birthed vaginally. It is VERY possible and very rare to have problems. (btw - getting induced will up your chances for problems with a VBAC)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My 1st son was c-section cuz he was breach and now im going to try vag for my 2nd son. The doc just told me tue that it is fine to have a vag birth as long as there is nothing wrong with you or the baby
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm planning on trying for a VBAC with baby number 2. I don't recommend the VBAC group on here unless you are very,very crunchy.Not all the people in the group are that bad but those people kinda dominate the group.
    Trust your doctor that he's there to help you.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 6:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had a VBAC with my third baby (my second baby was a c-section). You can check out ICAN-online.org for some awesome info as well as find a chapter near you to help you find a VBAC friendly doc or midwife (as well as one who has a good success rate). Unnecesarean.com also has a lot of good information about VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). From all the research I read while planning my VBAC, I came to realize that a VBAC involved less risks than a repeat c-section.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My first was a C-section, my second was vaginal. It went great. My C-section was about as good an experience as it could be, but the vaginal birth was still 100 times better. Do your research. Join the VBAC moms group on here, there's lots of great info (and more experience) there. The fact that your doctor has already brought it up is very positive, since one of the biggest hurdles many women have is finding a supportive care provider.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It is a great thing to do!
    :-)

A vaginal birth after a cesarean (VBAC) is safer for most ~like you it sounds like.
    Not a lot of care providers are truly supportive even though VBACs are safer.
    Glad to hear you are encouraged.

We have an awesome VBAC moms group here on Cafemom with a LOT of support, stories, advice, help... And of course there are ICAN meetings as mentioned above.

If you would like to talk more let me know or come to the group here on CM.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2011