MY DAUGHTER HAS ACID REFULX, ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT 2 DO?

SHE IS ONLY 7 WKS OLD. HER DR. PRESCRIBED HER SOME MEDS AND HAD ME SWITCH HER MILK TO SIMILAC SENSITIVE 3 WKS AGO AND SHE HAS CONTINUED TO SPIT UP SEVERELY. IF U HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS UR ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

FallonBlackmnon

Asked by FallonBlackmnon at 2:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try soy or there is another one alimentum? something like that that I know has worked for a few moms.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Oh and when she spits up does she act like it hurts or bothers her? Because most of the medications wont actually stop her from spitting up they will just make it bother her less.
    Crystal42683

• not much you can do. give her the meds and try soy milk. my son couldnt stomach regular formula he had to have soy. unfortunaly even with meds some babies still spit up so grab a burp cloth lol. it does go away the older they get.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my son is 3 mo. he is on previcid. keep her sitting up. help keep it down. theres nothing you can do really. just wait it out. it gets better. my son sleeps in a boppy. i wouldnt put her on a pillow bc of sids but i feel that the boppy is fairly safe. its not soft like pillow and its shaped
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• o yea i used nutramigen and it helped ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its expensive but you can ge it on WIC
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have Brooke On Parents Choice Gentle because she was throwing up all the other formula's (Enfamil,Similac...all of them) and Parents choice is the only thing that seems to help. after feedings hold her up right for 30-45 mins and hold off on play time. That should help.
    mommy2be5639

Answer by mommy2be5639 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE IT HURTS HER. AS FOR HOLDING HER UP FOR 30-45 MINS, SHE SPITS UP EVEN WHILE SHE IS FEEDING AND SEVERAL HOURS AFTER SHE EATS. IT HAPPENS AT LEAST 4 TIMES A DAY. AND IT AMOUNTS TO ABOUT A CUP OR MORE FULL EVERY TIME.
    FallonBlackmnon

Answer by FallonBlackmnon at 3:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• hunters_mom820 WHAT DID U HAVE TO DO TO GET NUTRIMIGEN ON WIC?
    FallonBlackmnon

Answer by FallonBlackmnon at 3:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have been there--severe reflux and a milk protein allergy. We started with Zantac, which helped with the pain but not the spitting. It wasn't until she stopped growing between six and nine months did her doctors finally start taking me seriously. We got an upper GI study done (which showed marked reflux, of course), and they switched her to Prilosec, which helped with the pain and the spitting. It is a stronger drug than Zantac. She eventually grew out of it around 18 months (most do grow out of it). We also found that swaddling her helped her sleep (www.miracleblanket.com). Listen to your mommy instincts and press your doctors for more intervention if you feel she is not improving or getting worse. Good luck.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Same thing with my daughter! she is 6 months old now but i was told to put a teaspoon of rice cereal in her bottle for every 2 ounces so my daughter eats 6 ounces and gets 3 teaspoons Good luck i feel your pain! Be happy you caught it early though
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008