When John Boehner says read my lips "We are going to cut spending"

I totally agree!!!!! BUT Why can't we start from the top?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The Missing $25 Billion
    Unused Flight Tickets Totaling $100 Million
    . Embezzled Funds at the Department of Agriculture
    Credit Card Abuse at the Department of Defense
    Medicare Overspending
    Funding Fictitious Colleges and Students
    Manipulating Data to Encourage Spending
    State Abuse of Medicaid Funding Formulas
    Earned Income Tax Credit Overpayments
    Redundancy Piled on Redundancy
    http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2005/04/Top-10-Examples-of-Government-Waste
    although this is an old post , I'm certain this government waste still exists.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think since every politician on The Hill is a multi-millionaire, that their jobs should be ALL VOLUNTEER!! Hmmm....maybe then only those who have the best of intentions will run for office!??!? :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• The top as in whose top? Your top may not be someone elses top priority.
    As for the redundancy, they are working on that. There are more than 100 programs they want to cut
    and many dollars. The point of all these cuts IS to stop wasteful spending that just isn't and may never have bee necessary.
    The medicaid and medicare will be handled also and I'd think they have a special committee working on the fraud committed by
    those in government. Boehner is looking for immediate savings not things you have to investigate in order to get the money.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I totally agree!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

And let's get term limits on them too! Oh heck, while we're dreaming might as well dream big. I bet it would save MILLIONS! Here's my wish list:
    Term Limits
    They have to live by the same laws they pass...no exceptions
    Fly commercial and if they insist on using gov't transpo, it has to be paid for by them, not by US
    No special lifelong perks like their salary for life, special healthcare for life. They use the same healthcare that regular gov't workers have and PAY for it themselves. And since most of them are so rich, they don't really need their salary for life do they?
    At 65 or 70, they are retired....SS and Medicare for them, like the rest of us.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I think since every politician on The Hill is a multi-millionaire, that their jobs should be ALL VOLUNTEER!!

Plus we shouldn't be paying for their healthcare.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Totally agree with this quote:  And let's get term limits on them too!

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• IMO, there should be basically no benefits besides a decent healthcare policy. The HONOR of serving should be benefit enough.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• YES, I agree with ALL of the above!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• bump

agentwanda