Real???

does anybody had experience of think that this world is not real

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Huh???
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• its not that i dont think its real but its just wierd like the things that happen the way people are the things we all go through and than we just die like i dont know i dont get it at times
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• The world is real.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Do you mean like this is a dream or something similar and heaven/the universe/etc is our real home?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• If I'm understanding your question, there are Eastern beliefs that all matter and all human experience is only illusion.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• This isn't the Matrix and if it is, you want to take the blue pills.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm guessing about the meaning behind this question based on some of the previous answers, so if you mean something entirely different, sorry to go on about it. :-)

Some religions actually teach that the world is an illusion, but some say it's an illusion but do not mean it in a literal sense.
    My personal view based on Buddhism and Pantheism: Our PERCEIVED reality is illusion (but the world is real--not a fantasy or literally unreal). Our perceptions can lead us to the delusion that we are separate from others when really everything in our Universe is interconnected. The problem is that most of us are 'asleep' and suffering due to attachments (craving and clinging). It will probably seem more dream-like or unreal if we are not present and trying to be mindful each day--always living in the past or future. I try to meditate and be present whenever possible.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Its not... the earth was patterned after Heaven which is REALITY
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• In what sense? There are some Eastern philosophies that teach that matter is illusory... but often this refers more to the nature of matter as we receive it. For instance, a key teaching in Buddhism is non-self... that there is no fixed and permanent self. What we perceive as self is really a constant state of change which our consciousness gives solidity to. This doesn't mean that I am not real... it just means that I may not be real in the way that I perceive myself as being real, not as a separate self but as a part of the universe in it's entirety. The analogy that made this come clear to me was someone's statment that when we first begin to experience the illusory nature of reality, we still tend to set ourselves apart, like a cork floating in a stream. My 'aha' moment was when the speaker said "There is no cork. There is only stream."
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It's ALL just a DREAM, so go back to sleep.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2011