Ear gauging mamas?

i started gauging my ears about 2 weekd ago. i went from a standard pericing to a 10g, that went well. then last night i went from a 10 g to a 6 g. i skipped 8 g cuz dh said that a 6g would pretty much just go staight through, well he was wrong. and now my ears are so swollen, that i am not able to put the rubber back on the plug! they hurt pretty bad. i can deal w/ the pain it just the swelling that worries me. when i tried to put the plugs in a few minutes ago, i pulled the taper out of my left ear and it bled not bad but for an ear, there was a lot of blood. so when i realized i could put keep the plugs in i soaked both of the tappers in alcohol, and now the left 1 feels a little more swollen then it did b4 i started messing w/ it. any advice? tips?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Don't use alcohol- it dries the skin out way too much way to fast and causes serious irritation. Use either peroxide or better yet a saline solution. It will keep it from getting infected and won't dry the skin. Your skin needs to be stretchy and elasticy right now. Let the swelling go down and leave them alone for a few weeks so they heal and regain some stretchiness. Then spend a few days moisturize before you stretch again.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I agree with above!! When I did mine I went up 1 by 1...never skipped one and waited at least 3 weeks to a month before moving up to make sure they were adequately stretched. I avoided all swelling!!! It went pretty good actually!! Im at a 0G now :) GL
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• actually don't use peroxide. while it will kill the germs it also kills the white blood cells so it won't heal. saline or sea salt water are best for cleaning. i was never patient with my gauges either and i was always making them bleed. i'm at 1 inch and not going any bigger. anyway i would go up one size every 2 weeks
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• you might want to do some research as to how to safely do this- my daughter is guaging her ears and from what she learned you should not skip and if they bleed that is BAD. also no peroxide or alcohol- it dries them out- I guess you are supposed to use sea salt and keep them moisturized
    also be careful of blowouts (I guess they happen when you try to stretch too much too soon)
    I would definitely wait awhile now that you have done this before you move to a bigger one
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Stop messing with it first off! lol Take out the taper (which btw is a bad idea to wear for a prolonged period of time) and leave your ears alone. Try doing a sea salt soak and keep them moisturized with Vitamin E Oil. Also when your ear is fully healed, if you're lucky enough not to have damaged your ear permanently, use Vitamin E Oil to stretch further. Putting acrylic or silicone into newly stretched ears is bad. If you want to stretch easily, I suggest getting weighted plugs or talons, depending on how large you want to go. If you have any more questions, you can always pm me :o)

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 2:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011