Have you used slim fast? What are your results and time it took?

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I did it years ago, and while I lost weight, I wouldn't recommend it if you actually want to keep weight off. You're better off making better food choices and letting the weight come off slowly. Any fad diet, like Slim Fast, will make you lose weight initially, but then you'll gain back the weight, plus more, thanks to your newly slowed metabolism.
    To answer your original question, I lost 45 lbs in about 9 months, between Slim Fast and running when I was 21. Since then, I have worked in a nutrition clinic and started studying to be a nurse and possibly an RD. I've learned a lot about nutrition, and am now losing weight in a healthy way, using permanent lifestyle changes, rather than a "diet" plan.
    Just as expected, when I stopped the Slim Fast, I gained back the original 45 lbs, plus another 15.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I've used it as a breakfast replacement, but it only works if you make wise food choices the rest of the day, and exercise.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I lost about 1 lb a week. I think it was 20 lbs in about 5 months.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I started taking slimfast back in 1986, I would use it for lunch. I stopped buying it about a year ago when they had the recall. The recall was that some cans were contaminated with listeria bacteria, which in fact I did get sick, thought I had a bug. I had 60 cans left, they refunded me after I proved I had them, had to take pic, and write upc#. That was the last time I ever purchased it!! Don't trust the company anymore.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i dont live by it, but i do use it as a meal supplement. usually for breakfast. combined with diet and exercise, i've lost about 10 lbs.
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 9:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I used it long ago when I was in college and on the go a lot. I didnt lose that much on it. I would recommend maybe following weight watchers or some other program instead. You can find all the info you need practically online. Goodluck.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 10:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• years & years ago...it did not work for me so I stopped
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have tried it several times, I like to eat and chew too much to stay on it. And when you go back to real food, you gain it back.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2011