Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

What should I do?

I am in a sticky situation I am married but i'm falling for a girl at work. I love my husband and all but he makes me feel like i am taking care of 2 children not one i get no help around the house or anywhere for that matter and this girl i can talk to and just be my self around and not just slap on a happy face.

Answer Question

Asked by Sarah369 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

Level 3 (27 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • I'd talk with the dh and tell him what I need from him and just be friends with the girl at work.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • I have he did good for about a week and then went back to normal

    Comment by Sarah369 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Why don't you try working on your relationship? Adding another person doesn't fix anything.
    Talk to your husband. Make him understand that there is an issue. If he does not step up, then take action.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • I should talk to him about this of course not telling him what your feelings are, but that way he'll know what do you need of him.And try to make the relationship works up again. Good luck!!!

    Answer by jazz03 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • First, you're married. Second, do you have lesbian tendencies or are you Bi? You better make sure your new friend has the same feelings (tendencies) that you do before you tell her how serious you are about her. She could just want to be "friends". If you need help at home, tell your husband. Tell him you are not happy. Tell him what would make the relationship better for you. Maybe things can be worked out at home. We often take people for granted. Maybe that's what your husband is doing.

    Answer by Kimimale at 6:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Then try professional help. But try your best or just ask him what are they feelings about you.

    Answer by jazz03 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • You should try marriage counseling. You need to ask yourself if you are looking for a reason to get out of this relationship and maybe this girl is just an excuse? It happens alot. If you are unhappy in your life then that is something only you can fix. If you choose to leave your husband for this girl, it wont matter, in time she will get on your nerves like your husband does. You need to figure out what it is about your current relationship that has you looking outside of it. The grass is rarely ever greener on the other side.

    Answer by gemgem at 6:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Bring the girl over for some home with the hubby and use it as an insentive for more help around the

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Marriage is much more about what you give than it is about what you get. Happiness comes more from giving than it does from getting. So, you are very likely to be just as unhappy wherever you end up as you are where you are now unless you decide to invest more of your time, your effort, and even yourself in whoever you think the next person will be who can make you happy. That is simply not the way it works. The sure way to remain unhappy and dissatisified is to keep bouncing from person to person, hoping and expecting that eventually you will find someone who will make you happy. Happiness is first and foremost a choice. You have chosen a man to be your husband. I think you would be extremely wise to start tonight investing more of yourself into him and his needs. You can then sit back and reap the rewards of your investment. Start by asking him what he needs from you, how you can make his life better, etc.

    Answer by NannyB. at 6:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Your dh knows there is a issue if he was able to change his ways even if it was for a week. Talk to him again, see if he can further his changes, if not than seek marriage counseling, even if you have to go alone in the beginning.


    Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.