Is something wrong with me?!

I'm 24wks2days pregnant. I've read so many horror stories about woman losing their babies in the 2nd trimester, that I'm scared to embrace my pregnancy. I thought the 2nd trimester was rare to go into labour [uk spelling] and rare to have a miscarriage?! All I can do is worry, I want to be happy, but I'm scared. I even had AN EVALUATION where they found nothing wrong with me mentally, they just said I had anxiety. I was in ER one week ago, doctor checked my cervix, told me it was closed, still scared.

Is this normal? How often do women go into labour in their 2nd trimester?

I WON'T EVEN BUY A BABY BOOK. :-|

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• con't
    After I had him I realized that I didn't really enjoy my pregnancy and I missed out. I had my son and he's the best thing ever, but I missed out on enjoying my first full term pregnancy. And when I think back, God forbid something had happened, I don't think I would've felt any better having not been happy about my pregnancy and enjoying that time. In fact, looking back, I think that it may have been worse because IF something bad happened, I should have enjoyed the the time I did have with my baby.
    Anyway, it's easy for me to say this now because I have my son with me and now have a daughter also. I know it's hard but TRY to do your best enjoying yourself.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• its extremly rare to have a second trimester miscarriege. stop worriing so much your going to stress yourself out and thats not healthy for baby. buy yourself a pregnancy booki recomend
    what to expect while expecting. great book.
    enjoy your pregnancy its truly amazing. stop worring about every little thing. if you havnt had any complications and you have been checked out your fine. stop and smell the roses there.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• @ mommy, i have pregnancy books, i meant like a baby memory book to fill out.
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I felt as you did, but trust me, it'll get better! While it's unlikely that you will lose your baby now, there is always the potential for that. However, I would embrace the life inside you anyway a) so you don't regret it once you deliever that beautiful, healthy baby, and b) it's YOUR baby either way, someone you can love even if you only have a short time with them.

Your feelings are justified, I hope you can just put them on the back burner and try to enjoy every minute you have, regardless of what COULD happen.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I felt the same way when I was prego with my son. I don't know if this happened to you, but I lost my first baby, so when I got prego with my son, I was so scared something bad would happen. It's easy for everyone to tell you not to worry, but it's not always that easy! I didn't buy anything for my son until I was past 30 weeks. I was so scared I'd buy something and then I'd lose him and it would make me feel even more terrible.
    Paesana82