Are you reading books as much as you used to?

My experience has been the same as the author of this article:

"As a child and through college, I was a voracious reader, mainly of novels. But my book-reading diminished after I started my job as a journalist and then had my children. I am embarrassed to say that in my mid-20s and early 30s, I only read about four to six novels a year, mainly on vacations."

http://blogs.wsj.com/juggle/2011/02/17/how-much-do-you-read-these-days/

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• yes i still read alot. i just got done reading a book called "Cutting for Stone" very good book
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i go in spurts. There is a circle of friends where I work. We share books. We mostly buy from thrift stores, read, then bring to work. You pick what you want, return what you've read, keep on going. When we have all read the books, we donate them to Senior centers or the Veterans rest home.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I didn't read much in the year following the birth of each of my children but just last year alone, I read 40 novels. I read each night before bed...and any time I have a minute...it's been easier and more convenient for me though since I got a kindle last year
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I commute on the bus to work. I read both ways. Then I read while eating my lunch. I read a lot.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• In school & college I always had my nose in a book!! Now that I'm married w/2 little one's no I don't read as much as I would/use too
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I wish I could but I just don't have the time for it. And when I do get the time I'm so tired I'd rather just sleep! I keep hoping that one of these days I'll find the time again. Until then they just keep stacking up on the bookshelf and in my Kindle. I'll bet I have 50 books to read already. lol
    mollyj96

Answer by mollyj96 at 3:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wish I could cuz I soooo love to read. It's my fave hobby.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nope.. and I miss it
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• seems like my TV took over my reading because if I pick up a book I fall sound asleep,From a very young age I always finished before I put it down.
    Isiswolfe

Answer by Isiswolfe at 7:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011