Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

He won't leave me ALONE!!!!

DS's dad and I have been broken up for over 6 months. Since we've been over he's been arrested twice. The first time for getting into a fight with my brother and SIL when I tried kicking him out, and the second time for domestic violence against me (I was picking up DS from a visit with him) and violating the custody order (he tried taking DS from me). Ever since then I refuse to have any contact with him and refuse to let him see my DS alone, since I don't think it's safe for me or DS to be around him. I know we have a child but he sees him about 2-3 times a month when his parents supervise and take them to a public place (dinner, movie, park). I won't let him see my DS alone since he's already tried taking him once and has threatened to take him before, saying I'll never see my DS again.

My problem is this. Even though I let him see my DS there are still lots of times when he'll go a little stalkerish saying that we HAVE to talk. He'll start calling my house over and over again. If I take the phone off the hook he'll call my mom's cell (I moved in with my parents), she's turns it off, then he'll call my dad's cell. He starts sending emails (I've blocked his email but he uses different accounts) saying he's gonna come by my house. I'm honestly scared. I don't know what to do anymore. Is that enough for a restraining order? What else can I do to get him to leave me alone?


Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • dont get a restraining order, get a protective order. the protective order will ensure he is unable to go to any place you go, like stores or friends houses, things like that. a restraining order just keeps him x ammount of feet away.

    Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • He's harassing you and your family. That's illegal. You should file a complaint with the police department.

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Keep the emails, text msgs, voice mails and file a complaint.


    Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • I would call the cops on him again, but you have reason to be scared, I would arm myself to protect yourself and your kids.

    Answer by older at 6:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Yes, you need to create a paper trail and file for an order of protection. Take everything you have to the court and ask to file an order. Describing events is enough if you don't have a report. They will be sure he stays away and it's possible you might even get them to set up supervised visits. All you need to do is walk in.

    Answer by chgomom at 7:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • i would get a straining order file a complaint & have your mom & dad change there # & you change your # so he cant bother you no more

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Been through this as a child with my mother. Keep everything and go the police with your papertrail and records of what he's doing and see if that is enough to get a restraining order. Bring those past police reports as well. Be safe!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

  • Set up visitation through the court. Don't have any contact with him and get the court to enforce a No Contact Order for you and your family so he'll leave them alone as well. He sounds like a dangerous man.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011