Severe headache...help please!!

Okay I have headaches just about everyday. Sometimes they are not severe but most times they are so bad I get sick to my stomach and dizzy feeling. Today I had a tingling feeling in my head all over and that's when my headache came along.
My husband can massage my neck and my headache will go away for like 5 minutes. My neck hurts as well and i can feel it in my head when he massages my neck.

Does anyone know ehat could be wrong? I'm really getting worried but can't afford to go to the doctor.

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like migraine. Try some excederine migraine and chamomile tea.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Could be a migraine but it's best to see a doctor.  You can go to a federally funded clinic that allows you to pay what you can afford, based on your income.

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I'm no expert but if it goes away during massage, that makes me think it could just be stress and posture problems.... try to take extra care of yourself for a few days(drink lots of water, vitamins, eat well, massage your neck as much as possible and take lots of long hot soaks in the tub) and see if it gets better. If it does, then you know you need to take better care of yourself. If it doesn't, then you have to find a way to get to a doctor.
    cookincat743

Answer by cookincat743 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My migraines are similar to that the tingling feeling, get nausious and sick to my stomach,my vision gets blurry. When it starts coming on try drinking some coke or anything with caffeine and taking ibuprofen. Many times this will work for me and it stops. Other times I need to be in the dark and take my meds. You should see a dr though if they continue.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 7:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• sil had a migraine that took her out for almost a week. Someone suggested she go get a massage at a salon. She mentioned that she's doing it bc she has had a headache for almost a week so they were prepared. it went away.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011