Am i having a miscarriage?

I am about 5 to 6 weeks pregnant and started spotting three days ago. i went to the emergency room and they said they couldn't find anything in the gestational sac and that yes i am miscarring. however my frined told me to get a second opinion so i did from a womans clinic who told me that everything looked fine and that it was just implant bleeding. today i woke up and my very light pink spotting has turned into bright red bleeding, still light but definatly more substance. idk what to do!!!

Ewin1313

Asked by Ewin1313 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you have an OB? If not, go back to the woman's clinic for another check . . . maybe they can see you tomorrow.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• 5 to 6 weeks is a little late to have implantation bleeding. However, since the bleeding is only small, spotting, I'm hoping the best for you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• This sounds exactly like what happened to my friend a couple weeks ago...she lost the pregnancy and it was so hard for her. I wish you the best of luck. Go back in the morning and get another check up!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i do not have an OB. if everything works out i'm gonna go with a midwife. the doc who examined me yesturday said everything seemed fine. and showed where the bleeding came from and said it was implant bleeding. I dont think it is< but i've heard of women who have had light period like bleeding throughout thier pregnancy. sigh, at this point i just want it to go one way or another:(
    Ewin1313

Comment by Ewin1313 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• to mommyH4. how long did her bleeding last befor the actual miscarriage?
    Ewin1313

Comment by Ewin1313 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had implantation bleeding at 6 weeks, and had very light, bright red spotting for a couple of hours. In some women it can last up to a few days. Are you having abdominal pain? Is the bleeding clotting? Normally, a miscarriage comes with really bad abdominal pain. I would go back to the womens clinic asap, or a different ER, and get your questions answered. Im sorry this is happening to you, all the different answers sounds really scary and frustrating. Good luck, go back to the doc asap, and keep us updated! Im curious! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• thank you Tarrar, I will post the conclusion one way or another.
    Ewin1313

Comment by Ewin1313 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I just went to the bathroom and an explosion of blood and clotting appeared. there is no doubt in my mind now of what is happening. i suppose it's a relef to know but my heart breaks anyways...:''(
    Ewin1313

Comment by Ewin1313 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• er doctors can be wrong alot! call an ob asap! good luck.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011