This is for those religious ladies who oppose same sex marriage.....

will you take the time to look into this site and learn why opposing this is so wrong, and how your faith will not suffer because of it? Click on the various sections of the site, there are a lot of questions usually raised by religious people just like you. For those who will take the time to see the site, do it with an open heart and an open mind, and I sincerely thank you.

Asked by older at 7:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Would you stand in the way of people who are not Christian missanc? Religion is being used as an excuse to run the lives of everyone, even those that do not follow the same belief.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Older:

Okay i imagine this will get down bumped, but here's what I don't get. Your post was unprovoked. You are the one trying to convert someone else to YOUR beliefs. PTO mom has just as much right as you do to defend her beliefs, and I don't see any reason why she shouldn't get just as much support for sticking to her beliefs as you are attempting to get for trying to push yours on others.

ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 8:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Marriage is about more than just committment and family. It is a dress rehearsal of the marriage between Christ (male) and the Church (female) God created this institution for a VERY specifice reason. All the participants involved are male and female. No matter how much we try make up our own rules as the fallen creatures we are. God's original plan will ALWAYS stand and his purpose will be accomplished!
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You are right marriage does predate Christianity and so does God who institutued it with Adam and Eve.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes. My belief says that God does not have favorites, everyone has an equal opportunity to follow Him.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It is perfectly ok to have opinions BUT they stop when it infringes on the civil righs of other human beings. How are homosexuals doing you any harm? How does it affect YOUR marriage? If it does affect your marriage then I would not be blaming the GLBT community.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I read through it, I had thought about it already (my husband is in support of same sex marriage and I have friends who are in same sex relationships), and I'm still opposed.

Answer by missanc at 8:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Marriage predates Christianity pto. It dates back to Pre-Egyptian Pagans. Let's not EVEN try to say that only Christian marriages are real. What about Atheist, Jewish, Pagans, Islamic etc......
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Shaneagle... so why are there not marches against athiests, pagan's, buddhists getting married? If it is a christian institution, why are you not opposing all marriages, seeing as they're not christian?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I guess that's the beauty of living in America. We have the right to believe and vote for what we want. I'm with pto and shane. I used to be pro-gay marriage but now I'm not. It has nothing to do with someone "brainwashing" me or anything like that. I even know gay people who are opposed to it. To say that only "religious" people are opposed to it is nonsense. I thought for sure that CA was going to legalize it (btw..I was pro-choice at the time and voted no on *..in support of Gay marriage) but they did not. IMO, that tells me it goes beyond religion. As far as individuals who are gay, I am not homophobic and I don't judge, just like with everyone else. My family has a close family friend who's gay and has remained celibate. He is a wonderful person and I love him dearly.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2011