Do libraries hold an annual Amnesty Days?

Does your local library have an Amnesty Day?

I feel so ASHAMED and EMBARRASSED!! I have had 3 children's books and a video cassette from the library for over a year and a half. I looked it up and I owe $57.00!! OUCH! I sent an e-mail asking if they hold an annual Amnesty Day. I hope to hear back from them soon.

Have you ever owed the library this much? Are they going to ban me forever?!! LOL

BreHHB

Asked by BreHHB at 3:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Ours has a holiday Amnesty Day. You bring in a canned good for the needy and they take away your fines...I love this idea!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well, I got an e-mail back. I missed the Amnesty thing by just weeks. The whole month of October was just like salexander said. That would have been great, too! Hmm, might as well just hold onto the items I have until next year! I have already had them this long! Ha Ha...
    BreHHB

Answer by BreHHB at 11:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2008