When and how to do my baby shower?!?!?

So, i am 5 months prego now, baby is due July 17th. June is not an option for a baby shower because there are like, 3 family bdays and my sisters wedding that month, and it would be way to much. My mom wants to throw it in April, I was thinking that seems pretty early...probably May. What do you do at a baby shower? Can boys come? I need some ideas :) Thank you!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 7:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had my baby shower 2 months before my due date. My mother threw it for us, and yes, it was Co-Ed. My SO was just as excited for our baby as I was, i wanted him to have a part in the baby shower too. And all of our friends and family were super excited, how could i tell some of them, just because they are men, they can't come celebrate?
    I had my shower at a family friends house, had a close friend of mine (who is a wedding planner) do the decoration as a gift to us, and bought the food and cake at Costco.
    Everyone had a blast.
    Good luck and congrats :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I went to a coed baby shower once and it was fun! The guys were HILARIOUS playing the games. About the timing, I don't know. Have fun!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• April is a little early for traditions sake, but you have it when you can fit it in. You most certainly can have a coed party if you like or a separate diaper party for the guys. You do whatever you want to do. If you like games then do some if you don't then don't. They only must is opening the gifts and thanking the guests pretty much.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ok, I have never been to a baby shower before, so I guess I have no idea what its really about. So, people bring gifts? If you play games, what kind of games? Do you have cake, food? lol. I guess I love under a rock or something ;) i just need a walkthrough of what you generally do.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• baby showers usually happen the last to weeks before having baby
    urselbaker

Answer by urselbaker at 8:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• In my religion it's bad luck to bring baby items into the house until the baby arrives. We don't have baby showers. I got stuff at my daughter's baby naming and my son's bris.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• At baby showers people will typically bring gifts for the baby, you provide food and cake. Guest usually play games, coed baby showers are fun. April does seem a little early, is something going on in May? Or maybe early July? One of my baby showers was thrown 4 days before I had my DS.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Its never to early especially when you no the sex. There are baby shower websites to check out normally other people re search and throw it for you though. also I no it has nothing to do with your question but my sis is gettin married this summer isent it just gonna suck bein all pregnant in a wedding ugh lol im dreading it!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Destins Mom: I know! My sisters wedding is 2 weeks before my due date, and I am a freakin' bridesmaid!! lol...originally the wedding was early in June, but she had to change it to get the place they wanted. lol. Grrr.... I have decided that since I am planning the wedding, I am going to make it all about me! ;)
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• you can have it the beginning of june or the very end of may and it wont be too terrible early mine is next weekend and im not due until march 31st....as far as coed i was gonna have a coed baby shower if i had a work one but changed my mind and of course people bring gifts silly thats when you get a lot of things you need to be ready for baby....usually a family member or friend throw them for you so you dont have to worry about all that with everything else and since you are planning your sisters wedding maybe she should offer to throw your baby shower
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2011