my mother gets on my nervers

my mother is picking out arguments just now she yelling and threatning about how i don't listen and how im lazy. but i didn't say nothing at all when express about how she giving me more pressure in life and she saying that im being to dramatic. also when i express about real life issues she says ''stay in a child place'' even though its happening to kids im not a child im almost a teen and soon to head off to high schoool. so shes talking to her friends abouy that i alqays tryi ng to get what i want that's no even true that's why i hgardly say anything to her. sowhat am i suppose to do becausre i'm piss off and about to snap.

helplessgirl12

Asked by helplessgirl12 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• You may not be a child anymore but you are still striving toward maturity. Your Mother is just being a parent with concerns for you.

Talk with your mother about how you can both establish better communication and let her know your voice should be heard too but try not to have your voice go above the level you have not yet reached.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i'm sorry sweetie about your mom acting like that with you. Im 23yr old. and i remember my mom not listening wat so ever about anything I had to say. and I just stop trying. when i turned 19 i stop talking to her and moved out i have not talk to her since and its hard cuz i have 2 kids and pregnant now, i hate not speaking to her cuz u only get one mom in life. but it is also hard having a mom not listen at all. if u don't mind me asking wat caused your mom to start yelling anyway?
    prettymamiof2

Answer by prettymamiof2 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• sorry but this is an A-D-U-L-T site.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• hugsBeing a mom isn't easy. Sometimes we get scared when our kids start growing up. Be patient with mom and tell her you want to talk all of this out. Together you both can figure it all out.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• First off--You need to show respect to get respect.
    Second--believe it or not, your mom was your age once. She does know what it is like. You might not like the decisions she makes, but she IS trying to do what is best for you. That is a parents job. You don't have to like it--that's not part of the deal. But, if you want to try to convince your mom you are as mature as you think you are--you should respect her decisions. Then, after a bit of listening to her and following her rules, she may be more willing to listen to what you have to say. But, you need to say it respectfully.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011