How can I find a pediatrician in my area that does alternate vaccine schedule?

I live in the Naperville Aurora area.

hmhewett

Asked by hmhewett at 8:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably will have to just call around to different offices and ask them. GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• look in the phone book under pediatricians (or they also have the yellow pages online i believe) and just call and ask. they will tell you that much over the phone, and once you have found a couple of good choices you can go to their office for a consultation where you can interview them and see if you are in agreement about other topics that are important to you.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• call around?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I agree with all the above. Call around. If noone in your area does it, then take some time to chat with the pediatricians and find out why. There have been many advances in our knowledge about vaccines in the last year or two, and sometimes, alternate schedules are done with no other purpose than easing mom anxiety. . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Call around. I also think the Dr. Sears website has pediatricians listed. I found mine through asking around. We went with a family doctor who was more naturally minded than a pediatrician.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• the non vaxing group on here has a list in the forms section on docs that are ok with not vaxing and u can find one there!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I hade to keep looking until I found them and to let you know. the 1st ped said she had no prob with it but once my son was born she was pushing shots, shots, shots, like she was a drug dealer. Never went back!!
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Does your county offer a vaccine clinic? I never go to the ped for vaccines. My county has a vaccine clinic every Tuesday. I am on my own vaccination schedule, and they respect that. Plus, it's only $10 a shot, so my insurance is never charged, which keeps me from going OVER the allowed amount. Vaccines at the Dr are EXPENSIVE.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• FYI I am in IL too. Lake Co. though. Google your county + immunization clinics.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You can go to your pedi, and just tell them the schedule you would like to follow.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2011