What's that smell? adult content

There is a funky odor coming from down there. Is it normal? I read your smell can change during pregnancy (I'm 8 mts) and my doc told me increased discharge in normal but this stench...It's so strong I swear you can smell me if you sit next to me and I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• Don't be afraid to ask the OB next time you are in . . . .it is not out of the question to have a bacterial infection of some sort.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I am sorry you have this issue. I have no idea what it could be other than infection or normal pregnancy changes.
    Since it seems to bother you quite a bit I would call the OB right away and at least ask what would be safe to use. They make scented wipes and powders and things that relieve odor - but I don't know if they are safe during pregnancy.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• well i have 2 thoughts.....one is that if there is a fishy odor it could be an infection. the other thought is to remember that you have 'super smell' when you're pregnant so everything smells stronger to you. in other words, you might not smell as bad as you think....you're just more sensitive to it now. but definately ask your dr. at 8months you go pretty frequently.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• More likely tahn not..you probably have bacterial Vaginosis. & you can be treated for that while you're pregnant.? i think . ASK your dr. to check you for a BV infection. you can just get that randomly. its nothing you did or caught. if its that strong..it is not normal!!!!! especially if youve never had that problem before. you know your body! i've had 2 kids. its not a symptom of being pregnant (to smell horribly down there!). seriously. my guess is BV. its quite common the dr. will tell you
    Anonymous