Are breast pumps painful to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no - not from my experience...in fact they actually relieved my nipple at first when it was very sore from my son in the first few weeks.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• They can be in the beginning but now I actually enjoy using mine! It almost feels a little dirty, lol!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• They can be if they arent at the right setting or not used right. Also the brand makes a big difference.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i never had any issues with mine but if you have the suction set to high then yeah it can be a little painful. but typically they dont hurt
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• When you start using one you need to start on the slowest speed or it may hurt, but in general pain not a problem
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 3:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You'll probably find that it's just like breastfeeding is for most people: uncomfortable at first, but within a couple days or weeks, it's perfectly fine and you'll forget about the pain!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Overuse can cause cracked, bleeding nipples. I used one exclusively for three weeks, while my babies were in NICU.. Very painful. After the first month no more problems.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008