Did anybody have severe morning sickness during there pregnancy with a boy?

I am just curious to see if the old wives tale is true about having a boy mild to no morning sickness, having a girl, severe morning sickness.

Mommie22B

Asked by Mommie22B at 8:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was sick several times/day for the entire 9 months, had to go on 5 different meds to find one that sorta worked, but I still threw up many days. This was with my 4th - he's a boy.

Answer by missanc at 8:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I only had boys..and I had severe morning sickness with 2 of them. My oldest I had it the entire pregnancy. My last only until about 14 weeks. That's a seriously busted old wives tale.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• for me that is completely the opposite! my girl was by far the easiest pregnancy. i felt fine even at the very end. not a ache or pain the whole time. with my second son i had terrible morning sickness. i was sick as a dog even before i found out i was pregnant! thought i had a really bad tummy virus or something. my friend (an old jamacian lady i used to work with) told me that boys don't respect their mother's body and you always felt terrible when you were pregnant with boys. for me that was true lmao. i have 2 boys and 1 girl.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• with the 1st i did not with the second
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 8:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i had morning sickness bad for awhile with my first child!! (it was more like ALL DAY sickness). & i didn't have morning sickness at all with my second pregnancy. I have 2 boys.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i had severe all day sickness from 2 months-7 with a boy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i had morning sickness with both my boys and my girl
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My sister just had a boy and the whole time, she was sick. She took meds though that helped her. When I was pregnant with my dd, I was sick morst of the time too.
    AmandaStang

Answer by AmandaStang at 9:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I was sick all day, every day for months with both of my pregnancies and had two boys. My sister was sick all day every day for months with both of her pregnancies and had two girls.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I was sick morning, noon and night!! So was DH!!! We both got past it around 14 or 16 weeks.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011