Symptom relief during pregnancy?

I will be calling my doctor's office tomorrow for their professional advice, but I am feeling awful now. I feel nauseous and also I am having joint pain (I have arthritis so it might not actually be pregnancy related).

Normally I would dose up with some ibuprofen, take a unisom for sleep, and hit the sack. I'd normally take pepto for the nausea.  However, I am barely pregnant. I don't even go for my confirmation appointment until March 11 (at the suggestion of the doctor) because I'll be 7 weeks then.

So... what do you do to relieve these symptoms? Thanks!

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ginger tea made from fresh ginger, or ginger ale. Ginger is like the super drug of the natural remedy world, it works miracles for nausea. Also any soups with a lot of herbs in them, most cooking herbs are natural stomach soothers. Also cabbage! Even if you normally don't like it, your taste buds can change a LOT when you are pregnant, so try it. Eat some coleslaw, or my favorite when I was pregnant, cook it with some chicken broth... I honestly believe the reason I never had morning sickness when I was pregnant with my first is because of all the cabbage I craved lol.
    cookincat743

Answer by cookincat743 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• you can take tylenol for any pain you have, and for the nausea i liked to drink cammomile tea, but as pp said ginger tea works great too. i just hate ginger lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would have gave the same answers as above.....
    dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    angelm523

Comment by angelm523 (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2011