Does MediCal cover c sections?

I had my son last year, and after he got stuck in the birth canal I ended up having an emergency c section because he was in distress. At the time I had insurance, and I'm still paying off the bills. Now, however, I don't have insurance and I'm scared that I might be pregnant again. I am thinking about applying for MediCal if the test comes back positive, but I don't know if that only covers vaginal births. The thought of a VBAC scares me, especially given the way my last vaginal attempt ended. Any moms in CA that have had a csection with MediCal?

risonski

Asked by risonski at 3:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes it pays for c sections it doesnt matter how your baby is born they pay for it regardless.
    im trying for a vbac and went through the same thing with my first son i say do some reasearch befor you 100% decide on a repeat c section. every delivery is different.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• yes it does
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• its should. They cant really say how you can and can not have your baby. If its mandatory c section they cant do a damn thing about it. But they should cover it. My Medicaid did
    mommy2be5639

Answer by mommy2be5639 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008