How do u potty train a stubbern little girl who is 2yrs.old?

my lil girl is so stubbern, at 1 and3 mths she used to sit on her potty and go pee but all of a sudden she wants to sit for a second and stand up then sit and stand and play i din't know what happened, any one have a few tips cuz im pregant now and i don't want to be buying double the diapers when the new one comes and i feel a lil embaressed that she is 2 and not trained, PLEASE HELP me !!!!!!!

prettymamiof2

Asked by prettymamiof2 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Most kids are not trained until age 3 or 4. I know you are motivated to push it, but the best thing to do would be put the potty training thoughts aside . . . she is only 2. They will sometimes move in and out of it for a long time, and that's normal. If you push it, you may start some control or retention issues with her.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• keep her in diapers until she is ready to use it properly. like pp said most kids aren't trained until they're around 3. and i found it's easier to have them in diapers with a new baby as opposed to following them around constantly trying to potty train them before they're ready. that creates alot of messes and stress. wait until she is ready. she'll let you know.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You are likely going to have to buy diapers for both kids. It is just the cause of having two kids so close in age. It is possible to have three kids in diapers so you should definitely investigate BIRTH CONTROL.
    Anonymous

• cost of having two kids so close in age.
    Anonymous

• rub her nose in it like a puppy? JUST KIDDING!!

Good luck - I was lucky with mine, I don't remember having any issues with it.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 9:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Give it a little while and start again. Some kids aren't ready until 3. If you are concerned about buying diapers, look into All-In-One cloth diapers. I ordered mine from TheLuvYourBaby.com site. And my cousin just ordered 6 different kinds, from BumGenius to other brands, including this site. And we looked at all the differences and similarities, and this site is practically the same as the expensive ones. I paid about $75 for ten diapers. Of course I have more than 10 diapers, but that was what each order was around.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• She may not be ready. Keep working w/ her but don't push it
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• my daughter is 2 and was kinda stubborn...in fact we were on a potty break when she trained herself! She will be 3 in one mos...Sometimes you just have to wait to they are ready.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• 2 is a lil early for potty training, it sounds like maybe she just isnt ready. You can read books about potty training, there are some great ones out there, "Lift the Lid, Use the Potty', "Ruby’s Potty", "Everybody Poops" " Big girls use the potty"... etc. reading these can get her excited about using the potty. Also, you need to teach her that the bathroom is for going to the bathroom, if she tries to play, immediately take her to her play area. Maybe you can start changing diapers in the bathroom to help her start associating that with the bathroom, if its not uncomfortable for you, maybe you can let her be in the bathroom while you go number 1... its helpful for children to see a model of the behavior we are trying to get them to do.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Cute. Just take her every 2 hours, right after naps, and after she eats. watch for signs that she has to go. It will eventually happen. Try not to expect it to happen all at once. It takes consistency and patience. If you have to walk away, count to 10 or 20 30...refresh and come back and do it again. Its hard but do not give up. Maybe put some books in by her potty or toys she can play with while she sits there? I had to go to the library and get books and movies for children about going potty on the potty. It worked...they were about 3 ish when we were done with all 3 of my youngest batch of kids.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011