Do you think utility companies are price gouging?

In November my bill was $220. From Dec on, it has been 500 dollars. We keep the thermostat down, the lights off. I really think they are gouging.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• You bet they do.During the ice storm we had here a few years ago they guess ta mated what your usage would have been!!We were out of power for 9 days!!I had a meter reader come out during it all and he was just about thrown back to his truck.!I told him to get out of here as alot where very upset.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• utility companies, insurance companies, our local, state & federal govts. they're all picking our pockets!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i think that in order to keep people hired they probably have to charge those kinds of prices. people want annual raises and you want uninterrupted service so to do that they charge the customer more while still being able to make a profit, i think all electric companies should be a co-op.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Oh yeah!
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Utilties and at the gas pump.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You know, I haven't had a raise in years and a lot of ppl don't have work now so how can this be justified?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011