Basic military training question?

I have a question about Air Force BMT...I get cold sores typically when im under stress ..which obviously is going to happen in BMT..So my question is, if I get one will the TI's flip out on me and single in on me because of it? I mean its not something I can help and obviously I wont be allowed to put abreva or anything on it after showering because I wont have time and im assuming I wont be allowed to bring it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You will be able to bring abreva and unless it takes longer than 3 mins to put it on you will have time. And no you will not get picked on for it. They find so much more to single people out for looks and medical issues are not on the list.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• thats good to know..If im able to use it, it would take like a second to put on..I would prob. just put it on everyday after shower to prevent it the best I can...But its not that big of a deal I was really just worried about them singling me out over it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i think if you keep your head down and dont bring attention to yourself you wont be singled out. There will be some other idiots that want to argue and such, they will draw the attention away from you!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i don't think they'll pick on you for known medical issues? and they give you a chance to get ready (a quick chance, but still a chance). so i'm sure you'll still have some time to put on your abreva.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 10:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think anything you had will be addressed when they give/gave you the medical screening. You shouldn't be singled out for it. If it takes a quick moment to put it on, it shouldn't be a big deal. Air Force is a bit more relaxed.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 2:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I too, am enlisting. I have found through different readings and recruiters, that if I am told right, you can't take the abreva with you, but once you get there, they will precribe you a new prescription of the abreva. Basically, so that it comes from them.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 8:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011