how do i get a 2,4,and 5 year old to listen

my kids which are all girls absolutely refuse to listen to ANYTHING i have tried every possible thing i could think of to get them to listen but NOTHING works any suggestions?

052303mommy

Asked by 052303mommy at 1:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This is what I do with my son:
    When I need his full attention, I turn on and off the lights (that works at night time)
    And I start speaking very softly, almost like if I was telling a secret.
    I’ve seen his teachers at day care doing it, and it works for them and it worked for me….
    Hope it works for you
    sara76c

Answer by sara76c at 3:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I like safa76c's tricks. Another trick I've tried is I get down on my knees, right in front of my daughter, take her little chin in my hands so she is looking right at me, and THEN I gently tell her what I need to say.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I've been working with children for many years and what I find always works the best is to get down on your knees (on their level), look in their eyes, speak very calmly, and explain what you need. Nine times out of ten this works for me. It's proving very effective for my 3 yo daughter!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 4:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008